The South Okanagan Similkameen Conservation Program (SOSCP) is a Partnership of 50 non-profit, government, and First Nations organizations that have been working together since the year 2000 to conserve nature. SOSCP provides a coordinating forum for the partners to help improve the effectiveness of their conservation efforts.
SOSCP worked alongside local and regional government partners to establish the South Okanagan Conservation Fund in 2016, to enable communities to achieve local environmental sustainability needs.
SOSCP partners make significant investments in the quality of life in our communities each year:
- We help landowners care for nature on their lands.
- We secure and restore important natural areas.
- We work with Traditional Ecological Knowledge Keepers.
- We use science to inform decisions, management actions, and conservation priorities.
- We provide sustainable land use information and resources to decision makers.
- We engage the community in learning about, and experiencing nature.