Projects that are technically sound and effective, and provide value for money through partnerships with other funders will have priority. Proponents must be a registered not-for-profit organization, or organizations may partner with a qualified organization. Multi-year projects are acceptable to a maximum three years – however proponents must apply each year. A Technical Review Committee will review project proposals and make recommendations to the RDOS for final funding approval.
August – September Call For Proposals
September – Applications Due
October/November –RDOS and Technical Advisory Committee Review
December – RDOS Board of Director’s Final Approval
January – Applicants Notified
February – March Funding Agreement Documents Finalized and Final Reporting for previous year projects due
Note: land acquisition or covenant proposals may be submitted at any time during the year provided there is sufficient time for the Technical Advisory Committee and the RDOS to review proposals.
Any money not allocated from the South Okanagan Conservation Fund in any given year will be added on to, and available as part of, the following year’s funding allocation.
Project Application Requirements
Proposals must meet the Mandatory Requirements before they will be considered. These are:
- Projects must be delivered in the fund service area which includes RDOS electoral areas:
- A (Rural Osoyoos)
- C (Rural Oliver)
- D (Skaha East, Okanagan Falls)
- E (Naramata)
- F (Greater West Bench, Rural Summerland, Okanagan Lake West)
- I (Skaha West, Kaleden, Apex)
- District of Summerland
- Town of Oliver
- City of Penticton
- Projects must address at least one IUCN threat to biodiversity as specified in the Terms of Reference.
- Proponents must be non-profit, have registered society status or must partner with an organization that has registered society status.
- Proponents must be prepared to make a 10 minute presentation on the outcomes of their work on an annual basis, in addition to submitting a written interim, and final report.
- Proponents must provide at least one map, and a letter of support from a primary partner, or land manager/owner of the property where the project will take place.
- Only eligible activities will be considered for funding. See Appendix 1, Ineligible Activities, of the Terms of Reference for a list of the types of projects that will not be considered for funding.
All applicants must review the Terms of Reference before applying to the fund. The framework for the Technical Review of applications is based on the IUCN classification of threats and actions. Please refer to the Section 4.3 in the Terms of Reference related to Threats, and click the following helpful resource to identify conservation Actions that are also classified and identified under the IUCN system (IUCN) Conservation Actions .
General applications Closed for 2024 Funding.
However Land Acquisition/Securement Projects are always open
General Grant Application Forms
It is worth reviewing the “form help” tips on working with PDF forms below before you begin your application. Download following documents
Acquisition/Securement Projects Acquisition project applications may be submitted at any time during the year provided there is sufficient time for the Technical Advisory Committee and the RDOS to review the proposals. All securement proposals will be treated as confidential unless other specific arrangements have been approved by all parties. Download following documents.
Grant Reporting Forms
Interim Report (Interim Reports are due September 1, 2023)
Final Report (Final Reports due February 16, 2024)
Have you completed the final year of a multi -year project? Please use the Final Report Form 2024 MULTI YEAR
Acquisition Final Reports:
Final Acquisition Report
Final Budget for Acquisition
Please follow these instructions for filling out the .pdf forms:
- Install the most recent version of Adobe Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader)
- Save the form to your local drive on your computer
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader application
- On the Acrobat Reader menu, go to File->Open. Open the file from where you saved it.
- Complete the form and save the changes before emailing or printing.
Applications to the South Okanagan Conservation Fund
Applications are to be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
or, hard copy to:
C/O RDOS 101 Martin St. Penticton BC V2A 5J9