Projects that are technically sound and effective, and provide value for money through partnerships with other funders will have priority. Proponents must be a registered not-for-profit organization, or organizations may partner with a qualified organization. Multi-year projects are acceptable to a maximum three years – however proponents must apply each year. A Technical Review Committee will review project proposals and make recommendations to the RDOS for final funding approval.
August 15– Call For Proposals
October 5 – Applications Due
October/November –RDOS and Technical Advisory Committee Review
December – RDOS Board of Director’s Final Approval
January – Applicants Notified
February – Funding Agreement Documents Finalized
Note: land acquisition or covenant proposals may be submitted at any time during the year provided there is sufficient time for the Technical Advisory Committee and the RDOS to review proposals.
Any money not allocated from the South Okanagan Conservation Fund in any given year will be added on to, and available as part of, the following year’s funding allocation.
Project Application Requirements
Proposals must meet the Mandatory Requirements before they will be considered. These are:
- Projects must be delivered in the fund service area which includes RDOS electoral areas A, C, D, E and F, the District of Summerland, Town of Oliver, and City of Penticton.
- Projects must address at least one IUCN threat to biodiversity as specified in the Terms of Reference.
- Proponents must be non-profit, have registered society status or must partner with an organization that has registered society status.
- Proponents must be prepared to make a 10 minute presentation on the outcomes of their work on an annual basis, in addition to submitting a written interim, and final report.
- Only eligible activities will be considered for funding. See Appendix 1, Ineligible Activities, of the Terms of Reference for a list of the types of projects that will not be considered for funding.
All applicants must review the Terms of Reference before applying to the fund. The framework for the Technical Review of applications is based on the IUCN classification of threats and actions. Please refer to the Section 4.3 in the Terms of Reference related to Threats, and click the following helpful resource to identify conservation Actions that are also classified and identified under the IUCN system (IUCN) Conservation Actions .
Grant Application Forms
Applications to the South Okanagan Conservation Fund for 2017 are now closed. Watch for posting of new application form for 2018 coming soon.
Grant Reporting Forms
Interim Report (Due September 15, 2018) COMING SOON!
Final Report (Due February 15th 2019) COMING SOON!
Please follow these instructions for filling out the .pdf forms:
- Install the most recent version of Adobe Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader)
- Save the form to your local drive on your computer
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader application
- On the Acrobat Reader menu, go to File->Open. Open the file from where you saved it.
- Complete the form and save the changes before emailing or printing.
Applications to the South Okanagan Conservation Fund for 2017 are now closed. Please watch for the next call for proposals in August of 2018.
C/O RDOS 101 Martin St. Penticton BC V2A 5J9
Or, by email to: