What are the benefits?
Each year, the Fund will generate up to $450,000 to support environmental conservation initiatives. Moreover, the ability to also attract funds from sources outside the community is significant. For example, over the next five years, over $2 million could be raised for protecting our water, wildlife and natural places in our communities. It is anticipated that the funds will support both a broad array of acquisition and stewardship type projects.
This fund will:
- Protect our water resources – watersheds, lakes, streams, and wetlands
- Conserve and restore important habitats for fish and wildlife
- Build on the network of natural places for people to enjoy
- Help landowners care for nature on their properties
- Protect ecosystems and their services important to the economy and communities
- Encourage volunteer nature conservation and education activities