The South Okanagan Conservation Fund (SOCF), in collaboration with the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), is currently seeking a part-time Program Administrator on a contract basis. “The purpose of the Fund is to provide local financial support for projects that will contribute to the conservation of our valuable natural areas; one step towards restoring and preserving a healthy environment.”
The Program Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of Fund coordination, other than the direct financial management. Duties include updating the Fund design documents, preparing and advertising the annual call for proposals, responding to enquiries, vetting Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) applicants, coordinating the administrative and technical review of proposals, providing recommendations and Fund program summary to the Board, communications with project proponents, project evaluation and overall program evaluation.
- Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field (biology, ecology, environmental science, environmental studies, fish and wildlife and/or resource management).
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related position, or consulting experience including experience with multiple sectors (government, non-government, non-profit) related to environmental conservation, biology, ecology, fish and wildlife and/or resource management, project management, and grant coordination or management. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Must demonstrate a level of knowledge in a range of functional areas related to environmental legislation, conservation, biology, ecology, species and ecosystems at risk, stewardship, fish and wildlife and/or resource management.
- Knowledge of Syilx perspectives, natural resources and cultural heritage, Indigenous and Traditional Ecological Knowledge would be an asset
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of regional conservation issues and organizations including conservation approaches, initiatives, partnerships, and all levels of government and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board, Committees, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Board of Directors determine the amount to be requisitioned for this fund annually. This amount will not exceed $450,000.00 annually to be budgeted.
This contract is part-time and works remotely. The intake for fund applications is cyclical and the administration hours will reflect the fund cycle. The contract position compensation shall not exceed 7% of the annual requisition amount.
Qualified Individuals are invited to submit their application (including a cover letter, resume and a writing sample) in PDF format quoting Competition #22-C-01 by 4:30 pm, July 15, 2022 to:
Christy Malden, Manager of Legislative Services
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
For more information, visit: SOCF Terms of Reference